Monday, December 10, 2007

Jessica Alba Wins "Most Embarrassing Latina"

Jessica Alba has won Guanabee's poll for Most Embarrassing Latino/a. Voters cited the Mexican-American's lack of acting talent, terrible movie choices and denunciation of her latinidad as qualifications for the dubious prize. The following Alba quotes alone probably won her the award:

"I've got cousins galore. Mexicans just spread all their seeds. And the women just pop them out."

"My grandfather was the only Mexican at his college, the only Hispanic person at work and the only one at the all-white country club. He tried to forget his Mexican roots, because he never wanted his kids to be made to feel different in America. He and my grandmother didn't speak Spanish to their children. Now, as a third-generation American, I feel as if I have finally cut loose."

"I had a very American upbringing, I feel American, and I don't speak Spanish. So, to say that I'm a Latin actress, OK, but it's not fitting; it would be insincere. If you're going to look genetically, I'm actually less Latin than Cameron Diaz, whose father is from Cuba. But she's not getting called a Latin actress, because she's got blond hair and blue eyes."

"George Lopez starts speaking to my father in Spanish [at an awards show], and my dad says, ‘I don’t speak Mexican.’"

No comments: